Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What job duties are involved in medical billing and coding career?

I will graduate from a medical billing and coding program this May and will be starting my search for a job before then. Can anyone tell me what job duties may be included in this career? Should I expect to work in the front helping patients or will I strictly code?What job duties are involved in medical billing and coding career?
It depends. Since you don't have any experience, which I assume you don't, I highly doubt you'll get a job strictly coding. From my experience I can tell you that most of your duties will be dealing with claims and insurance. As far as working in the front helping patients that depends on where u work and if there isn't somewhere there that already does that.But if u do you'll probably give out paperwork to fill out, take copays, make copies, and such things. I can go on and on, but u may want to try to search for jobs and just look at the job descriptions, that might help. It took me a year to find a job after I graduated...Good Luck!!What job duties are involved in medical billing and coding career?
Not to be rude, but shouldn't you have thought of this before you started school? I don't think you would be doing anything with patients, only medical assistants, doctors, nurses, and nurse aides do that...
talk to a counselor at your school. they will be the best source of info for you in your particular area.

No comments:

Post a Comment