Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Can I persue medical billing and coding with a felony on my record?

I recently (less than a year ago) pled ';nolo contendre'; to a violent felony and I'm still on probation. I'd like to know if I go on to training for the field, do I have a chance of employment with my background. This is my only offense, but I've had difficulty finding jobs as it is. Thanks for your help!Can I persue medical billing and coding with a felony on my record?
For a medical transcription job it shouldn't be a problem. They usually do not do background checks. Good luck to you.Can I persue medical billing and coding with a felony on my record?
It is very hard to seek any type of employment with a felony conviction of any sort let alone a ';violent felony';.





A thorough comprehension of different insurance plans and accompanying governing laws/regulations is also necessary to any adept medical biller. Typically, post-secondary education is required for medical billing.To become a successful medical transcriptionist, a working knowledge of medical terminology (including jargon and abbreviations), computer proficiency, and comprehension of current industry and legal standards is required.





Disclosure for Stark College in Ohio (who offers a medical transcriptionists course)...


According to various sections of the Ohio Law and Regulations for Certification and Licensure Boards, persons convicted of any felony or a misdemeanor may not be accepted into a health program at Stark State College; may not be able to take the licensure or certification examinations; may be refused acceptance of placement by the clinical/practicum sites; or may have restrictions placed on their ability to practice.





Some states require you to hold a license.

No comments:

Post a Comment