Wednesday, December 23, 2009

What coding language should I start out with?

I am 16, and have decided to learn coding languages. What should I start out with?What coding language should I start out with?
Lot of debate there. Some will say Python, some VB. some C, some Java,





I just gave this advice to someone else asking about starting programming.





There is a veteran programmer on reddit.com who is posting step by step lessons for learning programming. He is starting with the basics, and using C. They are excellent lessons, giving one concept at a time and building up your knowledge of the subject. He and his moderators monitor all the lessons for questions you may have and will answer them. The subreddit is carlhprogramming and I think it's just what you're looking for.


Here is a link to a list of the lessons


http://www.reddit.com/r/carlhprogramming鈥?/a>What coding language should I start out with?
In my opinion your should start out with JAVA. It is one of the easier languages out there and its not difficult to find hundreds of books on the subject. From experience JAVA is easier to learn first, and knowing JAVA helps when learning other languages.

No comments:

Post a Comment