Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How can I get into medical billing and coding without experience?

How can I get into the medical billing and coding field without experience? I have taking courses at my local community college but everyone's looking for experience.How can I get into medical billing and coding without experience?
Try getting just an medical office job first and when you fill out an application, put that you have taken courses in medical billing. Some offices will see that as a plus and be willing to give you a shot maybe when their regular person goes on vacation, takes a day off, etc. I fell into the billing part one day when they were swamped with no experience or education in that area and ended up working in billing for 9 months. Good luck!How can I get into medical billing and coding without experience?
Just keep trying, and keep looking, keep positive, if you don't get the job, say well it wasn't right for me, the right one is out there...





With a degree/certificate you should be able to get one, just keep looking!!!





don't let it get you down...
Ask if they (your community college) have internship in your class curriculum. I studied Medical Billing and got my job just where I was an intern. I know it's difficult getting a job without experience. Don't give up and study all the possibilities. Sometimes you have to work for free in order to acquire experience. I know... :S





God bless you
fastest. Apply for hospital Customer Service Rep. or billing coder - - always looking for people to be 'glued' to the telephone or code on computer all day. After a few months (usually 3), most state you are eligible to apply to other positions within. Definitely, elaborate on your billing %26amp; knowledge using words such as 'proficient' , etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment