Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How long does it take to get a degree in medical coding and billing? Do you make good money?

I am currently teaching and I am getting very burned out. I used to work at a hospital and I worked alongside some ladies that did billing and coding, so I am just curious if I need a degree, or how long it would take to get one.How long does it take to get a degree in medical coding and billing? Do you make good money?
You need to go to a community college that is accredited by AHIMA so you can take the national exam and get your RHIT certification. Most places require this now, and if a place doesn't, they most likely will soon, at least as far as hospitals go.


To find the list of accredited programs, visit www.ahima.orgHow long does it take to get a degree in medical coding and billing? Do you make good money?
Hi my ex husband graduated from medical coding last year it took him about 11 months to graduate he earns up to 9 hr in texas.
You'll need an associates. I work in a hospital and coding and billing is intense with LOTS of regulations. Personally, I'd get burnt out in 2 days! :)
you can get trained in as little as six weeks, I would try PureMedicalJobs.com medical billing page but I personally would keep your current job until you find another one

No comments:

Post a Comment