Sunday, December 27, 2009

How do I view and change HTML coding for a website?

I need to change something in a website, normally I use Contribute software, but this won't allow me to change what I need to change. How do I get to view and change the actual HTML code?How do I view and change HTML coding for a website?
You need to know where on the server the site HTML is stored. Then it's easy enough to change just using notepad or whatever.





So, it will depend on what web server software is being used.





For IIS, you're go to the web services manager, and find your site, then look at it's properties to see where it was stored. I'm not on a Windows server right now so can't recall the default location. Thought it was on a .private area at the root node??How do I view and change HTML coding for a website?
Download by connecting to the web-servers ftp, or use your web host's user control panel to download files. You can edit any html, css, js, php file with notepad\wordpad, or you can use any text editor you want.
i am not sure, just as bad as anyone else...
You have access to the index.html file?





Is this a paid site?
  • glycolic acid peel
  • glycolic peel
  • cream
  • wrinkles cream
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment