Wednesday, December 23, 2009

How can i get a medical coding and billing internship?

I am looking for a medical coding and billing internship so I can get experience. I am already going to school so please don't give me any schools sites and please no sales sites. I just want to know if anyone in San Diego is doing the same thing I am and if they have had any luck finding a internship or some kind of way to get the experience. I have heard it is hard to get a job in this field without it. Is this true?How can i get a medical coding and billing internship?
You can go to AAPC website. They have something that is called Project Xtern, but the only thing is that you have to be a member. So I would just join with them, even though you are going to have to join soon or later why not now. And yes, it is very hard getting a job in this field. I got my certificate in June of 2008 and no job yet. You might want to also try volunteering at a hospital. If you have anymore question feel free to email me rparker8152002@yahoo.com maybe we can help each other out. Good Luck!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment