Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I am thinking about getting a medical billing and coding certificate. Is it a good career choise?

I am getting marries and I do not want to spent 2-4 years in college. What is your oppenion on getting a medical billing and coding certificate? Do you know anything about it?I am thinking about getting a medical billing and coding certificate. Is it a good career choise?
It is a very lucrative career choice. I've been a recruiter in the medical industry for 12 years and this is one of the most needed careers out there today. The reason being that the hospitals and other healthcare facilities don't receive reimbursement from medicare and medicaid if they don't have enough coders to process and submit their bills to the gov't and health insurance companies. Go for it and good luck!I am thinking about getting a medical billing and coding certificate. Is it a good career choise?
if you cant spell you shouldn't go for it. you need to know a lot of medical terminology Report Abuse

i went through a 6 month course while at my last job. it got me hired at a multi specialty clinic doing billing, but i really didn't learn much until employed, and the course was overpriced. my advice is to get an entrylevel position at a drs office and work your way up. then, do coding for a specialty, it's easier to keep up with the changes, usually the pay is higher, and you can learn more about that one thing. good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment